Det lille hul i midten giver mulighed for at sy med elastik eller snor, og den holdes lettere på plads under syning. Til pyntesømme, satinsøm, applikationer, oversyning af perlegarn, perle, kantning med buer, osv.
- The bottom of the foot has a wedge shaped indentation, which allows even satin stitching to glide under the foot without dragging. The angle in the indentation makes it possible to turn curves easily
- The toes of the foot are shorter, compared to a regular zigzag foot, for greater maneuverability while sewing (you can turn the fabric more easily for smoother stitching lines, an important asset when embellishing fabric
- There is a small hole in the metal bridge at the front of the foot which allows a narrow cord to be guided perfectly down the center of the stitching for raised edges and appliqué
- In lighter weight fabrics, the metal bridge of Foot #6 provides additional fabric control and helps prevent tunneling
- There is a notch on each side of the foot providing a reference mark for the needle. This makes it possible to easily position the fabric "on the mark" when stitching decorative work.